Please number and answer the following questions, based on lectures as well as readings and occasionally a video. When you refer to the reading in your answer, put the author’s last name in parentheses – example: (Steinbugler). Do not repeat the question; simply number then answer. Your total word count for this exam should be minimum 1500 words. At the top of your exam please put your name, class, and word count. You will submit this Exam as a Word doc via Canvas by the due date/time posted in Canvas. All answers must be in your own words; no direct quoting from lecture material or readings is allowed. In other words, you of course will summarize points from the readings, but the key word is summarize. You must put the readings’ points into your own words; please do not quote word-for-word from the readings. Please note that while this exam is open (that is, open-note, open-book), you MAY NOT work with other people on this exam. This exam is to be completed by you individually; any collaboration with other people on this exam constitutes cheating, so please be sure to work independently. Please note that exams that are late or under the word count or have direct quoting will not be accepted.
1. Based on the Module Sexual Orientation lecture: What does it mean to say that sexuality is socially constructed? Explain with examples two ways that LGBTQIA+ individuals face stigma/discrimination in the US. From the reading (30)Zangari, Low, Query: What does it mean to identify as asexual? Explain with two examples how asexual individuals are diverse. Finally, give one reason/motive with an example of why individuals in this study came out as asexual, and then give one reason/motive with an example of why individuals in this study did not come out as asexual.
2. Based on the Module Race-Ethnicity and Sex lecture: What is the difference between race and ethnicity? What does it mean to say that race is socially constructed? From the reading (C)Steinbugler: What does the author mean by moments of visibility? Define and give two examples. What does the author mean by visual dislocation? Define and give two examples.
3. Based on the Module Disability and Sex lecture: Explain the difference between the medical model of disability vs the social model of disability. Which model do social scientists and disability rights activists generally prefer and why? Explain two challenges (with examples) for a disabled person in finding a partner. From the reading (14)Erickson, define and then give two examples of systemic ableism. Why did Erickson become a porn star?
4. Based on the Module Sexual Bodies reading (25)Hall: What is the author’s research question as well as his sample and methodology? Explain his main research findings with three examples. Based on the reading (26)Braun: What is the author’s research question as well as her sample and methodology? Explain her main research findings with three examples.
5. Based on the Module Sex for Sale lecture and the documentary “Not My Life”: What are some reasons why individuals choose to enter the field of sex work? What is the primary reason for entering sex work, and give one example of this from the documentary “Not My Life.” Next, based on the Module Sexual Violence lecture and the documentary “The Hunting Ground” and the readings (52)Stemple&Meyer and (51)Martin: What is the most common form of rape? Are all victims of sexual assault women? Explain with examples from both the readings and the documentary. How do colleges/universities often respond to reports of sexual assault, and why do they react this way? Explain with examples.
Why choose us?
Because we are the best Our main aim is to maximize the quality of your customer experience. We understand the intensity of the importance of your academics that is why we intend to deliver the best grades as a reward for trusting us with your valuable work. Here are reasons why you made the best decision by choosing us:
Masters of our art.
Our writers are experienced and high educated. Our team of writers is associated with the most prestigious universities. They will craft your essays according to any guidelines or requirements you want us to follow for your paper.
You are our VIP
We treat every customer as the most important part of our company, your satisfaction is what drives us.
The best quality for affordable prices! Contact us today to get a discount on your first purchase. We’ve got the best prices in this industry.
Try it now!
How it works?
Place your order
You can order an essay with us by filling out our quick and easy order form.
Proceed with the payment
After receiving payment confirmation via PayPal or credit card – we begin working on your detailed outline, which is based on the requirements given by yourself upon ordering. All work goes through three levels of quality assurance before being sent back to you for review.
Receive the final file
Once approved, your order is complete and will be emailed directly to the email address provided before payment was made!
How does our services benefit you?
So much stress and so little time? Take care of yourself: let us help you with your tasks. We offer all kinds of writing services.
We value your grades and we will do everything to help you achieve the highest scores possible! With us you can be sure that your work is in good hands. Our writers are professionals who know what they’re doing so there’s nothing for you to
We have a money back guarantee,
So you can be sure that if something goes wrong we will fix it for you. If your paper fails to meet our requirements by any chance just ask for a refund and get all your money back! We are serious about being number one essay writing company online, and we will prove it to you!
We offer a full privacy guarantee
Your personal information is completely safe with us. Your details are never shared or distributed to third parties. You can be sure that no one has access to your private data because all of the files and documents about you are stored in our secured system.
We will deliver your paper on time
Do not worry about the deadline. We know how important it is for you to hand in your work before the due date and that is why we always prioritize our writers’ schedules around yours. Our writers are experienced professionals who can write any type of essay within a given timeframe!
Our goal is not just to keep customers happy but also help them succeed in their academic goals. That’s why we provide only 100% original, custom written content that is always delivered on time.
We have a live support service!
contact us now and get the best customer service experience possible, just talk to our friendly staff members via chat or phone at any given time of your day as we are always available for you around the clock without taking breaks! Take advantage of this opportunity right now and do not hesitate to contact us for more information about how we work.